Related to FineDB
- finedb-java: A Java client library for FineDB.
- AngstromDB: (from the creator of FineDB) A very simple key-value noSQL database, based on LMDB and nanomsg. Used as code example during a talk.
- OpenLDAP's LightningDB: Memory-mapped key-value store library.
- Google's Snappy: fast compression library
- Nanomsg: inter-threads, inter-process and network communication library
- Linenoise: command line edition library
- Salvatore Sanfilippo (@antirez) on Twitter
- Ylib: Basic C structures
- MessagePack: binary serialization
- TinyCC: on-the-fly C compilator
- LZ4: fast compression library
- PHP binding for nanomsg
- Mikko Koppanen's blog
- PhysicsFS: filesystem abstraction
- LSM: Key-value store library, used in SQLite.
- The CAP FAQ
- Comparison of LMDB and LevelDB as storage engine for Hyperdex (hint: LMDB wins)
- The Datacenter as a Computer: An Introduction to the Design of Warehouse-Scale Machines (154 pages PDF from Google)
- 20 Biggest Bottlenecks That Reduce And Slow Down Scalability
- Broken by Design: MongoDB Fault Tolerance (by Emin Gün Sirer)
- Quote: «As long as there is a single copy of data (in memory or on disk), the resulting system is vulnerable to data loss due to a single fault. To achieve fault-tolerance, a system needs to make multiple copies of the data.»
- Dynamo Sure Works Hard (by Damien Katz)
- Quote: «Network Partitions are Rare, Server Failures are Not»
- Kyle Kingsbury's blog: About databases, replication, network partitions, data loss, ...
- Availability in Globally Distributed Storage Systems (PDF from Google)
- Google's research papers about distributed systems and parallel computing
- CRDTs: Consistency without concurrency control